Here is an easy DIY project for the kitchen! Making a mason jar utensil holder is super easy and it also makes an attractive DIY kitchen decor. 1. Prepping your Jar Make sure the insides […]
This quick DIY place card holder project will turn ordinary candy canes into a beautiful table decoration for the holidays!
NOTE: the supplies listed are PER place card holder. If making multiple place card holders multiply the supplies listed with the desired number of place card holders.
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 5 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Servings 1 instructions included are PER place card holder
Author Toni Dash
Supplies PER place card holder
- 3 standard size Candy Canes plastic cover removed (if you want to still be able to eat the candy canes, keep the plastic on)
- Decorative ribbon, tinsel, or narrow width washi tape (decorative tape)
- Place cards, photos or envelope
- If using a glue gun (recommended): Heat glue gun. Set it up so you can quickly pick it up while holding the candy canes in place.
2. Hold the long sides of the candy canes together, so the curved ends are evenly spaced. Holding them tightly together place the bottoms on a flat surface to ensure the bottom is level.
3. Glue or stick them together, starting with two of the candy canes. Then glue the third in place when the first two have set and are sturdy.
4. Wrap the ribbon, trim or washi tape around the candy cane cluster for decoration.
5. Use festive cards or place cards with names on and place on candy cane.
6. Store candy cane place card holders at room temperature until you’re ready to use them.