Here is an easy DIY project for the kitchen! Making a mason jar utensil holder is super easy and it also makes an attractive DIY kitchen decor. 1. Prepping your Jar Make sure the insides […]
Here’s a great gift that you can make for Valentine’s Day.
Here’s what you’ll need:
A piece of cardboard (you can use a piece from a box)
Scissors or a craft knife
Fake flowers – Get them in different sizes and shapes. Tiny flowers are good to fill in the gaps at the end.
Ribbon for hanging
- Draw your heart shape on a piece of cardboard. Here’s a little trick to make your heart shape look symmetrical: draw one side of the heart on a piece of paper, cut it out and use it as a template for both sides, flipping it around for the opposite side.
- Once you’ve drawn your shape, cut it out using scissors or a craft knife. The knife may work better on the cardboard.
- Then, using the same paper heart template, cut out a smaller heart and use that to draw on the cardboard. Then cut out the inside opening.
- Now you have your heart form ready to decorate.
- Next, cut all the flowers off the stems, leaving only a very little of the stem so they can lay fairly flat. Be careful not to cut the flowers too short though so they don’t fall apart.
- Arrange the flowers on your heart to get a rough idea how they should look. Start with the larger flowers and spaced them out evenly, then filled in the gaps with the smaller ones. Try to keep the colours balanced. Glue them down when you like how they look.
- Keep gluing the flowers until you cover all the cardboard. Hold the heart form up as you go so you can see how it looks and make any changes as needed.
- Be sure to cover all of the cardboard – even around to the edges and any bare spots. This is best done with the smaller flowers. You can add a few of the leaves as well.
- Attach a ribbon for hanging. You can use the glue gun to attach the ribbon to the cardboard on the back of the heart.
- Hang it on any hook or onto a frame box.
Now you have a great gift for your loved one!
Credit Lori Greco
NEED MORE TIPS?
Read more of our articles you won't be disappointed
Tired of seeing that heap of stuff in the corner of your child’s room? Here are 6 storage-solution tips to help organize your child’s room. 1. Have a laundry basket Having a cute hamper in […]